In its prime condition, the pancreas, a gland behind the stomach, releases digestive enzymes into the small intestines and also releases glucagon and insulin into the bloodstream. Unfortunately, this important body organ is usually plagued by pancreas disease or pancreatitis, an inflammatory condition which can be very painful. The pancreas’ walls become inflamed when digestive enzymes are activated within it and start eating its walls.
Symptoms of pancreas disease
- Nausea that gets worse after eating
- Abdominal pain which usually radiates into the back
- Blood pressure
- Increased heart and respiratory rate
The symptoms above are a clear indicator of just how uncomfortable pancreas disease can be. It needs to be remedied as fast as possible to keep it from becoming acute or even leading to cancer.
Drugs might not be the first choice for patients as there several reliable natural remedies for pancreas disease:
1. A healthy diet which skimps on sugar, alcohol, and caffeine which are the biggest triggers of inflammation.
2. Coconut oil is the best choice as it contains medium chain fatty acids which are easy to breakdown without demanding too many digestive enzymes. This reduces stress on the pancreas and encourages the patients to eat as it also deals with nausea.
3. Soothe the pancreatic duct using lemon, ginger, celery, and kale and cucumber juice. This is a powerful anti-inflammatory remedy which encourages healthy production of enzymes.
4. Water is an important natural remedy that helps keep patients hydrated.
5. Licorice root is known to support glandular activity so you can also use it for your pancreatitis.
6. A mixture of Aloe Vera and Papaya juice is taken twice or thrice a day is enough to deal with the inflammation and soothe the pancreatic duct.
7. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that may cure pancreas disease. Experts also believe that regular consumption of this tea may help prevent cancer of the pancreas.
Get the most out of natural remedies
There are several herbal and natural remedies for pancreatitis, but proper diagnosis is needed before starting any treatment.
If you follow these tips and stay on course with natural remedies, it is possible to deal with this condition before it escalates into something bigger.